Does your dog’s den have a certain musk to it? Even if you don’t notice it anymore, your guests probably do. Unfortunately a dogs smell usually isn’t a great one.
A dog’s smells can be described as moldy or dirty. The smells can be be caused by urine or poo accidents. Even a freshly bathed dog is still described as a “wet dog” smell.
Your carpet acts as the filter of your home and will naturally pick up your pup’s scents. Fortunately getting these smells out of your carpet can be easy as long as you are using the right cleaner.
How to Get Rid of Dog Odour from Your Carpet.
- Liberally sprinkle baking soda over the soiled or smelly carpet. Use more than you would think. Better use more than not enough.
- Let the baking soda sit overnight so it absorbs as much of the odour as possible. Be sure to block off your pet from this room while the baking soda settles.
- In the morning, vacuum your carpets.
- Once you have thoroughly vacuumed the area, you may allow your pet back in the area.
- If the smell persists, have your carpets professionally cleaned.
Tips for Getting The Dog Smell Out of Your Carpet
- Avoid cleaners with ammonia or vinegar, since the strong scents could attract your pets back to the area you’re trying to clean.
- Large amounts of baking soda can also be toxic to pets, causing illness, muscle spasms and even heart failure. Keep your pets away from any area while you are treating it with baking soda.
- Avoid using a steam cleaner. This may just disperse the smell throughout your carpet.
About Pet Stain & Odour Remover
Pet Stain & Odour Remover is ready for the toughest pet challenges. No matter which “end” of your pet the problem comes from – fresh or old stains – the synergistic effect of unique stain and odour fighting ingredients works better than anything currently available in consumer products. Besides urine, this spotter also works miracles on vomit, feces, blood, and more.