Do your carpets smell of urine or pet odour? This is unhealthy as bacteria can breed on the surface and can also cause staining. It is important that the area is treated as soon as possible – time is crucial in getting the stain removed and to stop the urine from seeping into the underlay. If your problem is carpet odours caused by pets, we have the solution: Citrus-O’s specialty cleaning. Contact us today to have your carpets free of urine and pet odour.
Citrus-O’s Specialty Cleaning
Citrus-O’s Specialty Cleaning goes beyond topical stain removal. Specialty Cleaning addresses any spots or spills that have penetrated to the underlay and even the sub-floor. Specialty Cleaning is required when we are asked to deal with major or excessive stains such as urine, wine, vomit, feces, water, etc. “Major” or “Excessive” is defined as being more than 5 separate spots of one type of stain, or a stain that is more than 1 square foot in size.
Because specialty cleaning requires extended time, effort, and specialized topical treatments, the hourly rate for Specialty Cleaning supersedes the regular per area or per square foot rates. As part of the Specialty Cleaning process, we complete a standard Citrus-O clean after all of the Water Claw procedures.
What to Expect
Inspection & Quote
- We inspect the areas with our UV lights, moisture probes, and pH testers to identify the contaminated areas that are both visible and invisible to the naked eye. Once we have determined the extent of the problem we provide the customer with a time estimate and price quote.
Water Claw – 4-part process
- We saturate the effected areas in the carpets, underlay and sub floor with hot water.
- We extract and flush the water out of the carpets, underlay and sub floor with our specialized Water Claw extraction tool.
- We then saturate the effected areas with an odour neutralizer, penetrating through carpets and the underlay to the sub floor.
- We perform a second extraction with our Water Claw to eliminate the odour causing contaminants.
- We apply and agitate our exclusive Ultra Urine Remover as a topical spot and stain treatment.
- To finalize a Specialty Cleaning we perform our standard carpet cleaning service to clean, sanitize, and deodourize the carpets using our natural orange products along with the Rotary Drimaster and edge cleaning tools.
Red Dye Stain Heat Transfer
Citrus-O also offers Heat Transfer treatments for red dye stains such as red wine stains, red food dyes, red punch or juice stains and more. These treatments can be used on most carpets, excluding wool. Call to find out if a Heat Transfer is your answer.
Call 1-855-248-7875 to book an appointment.
Related blog post: How to Get Rid of Pet Stains on Carpet